MS. SARAH NGUYEN: PARTNER OF IWCA VIETNAM VISITS THE COFFEE GROWING AREA IN SON LA
On April 6-7, 2023, IWCA Vietnam was honored to welcome:
- Ms. Sahra Nguyen – Founder & CEO of Nguyen Coffee Supply
- Mr Vuong Van Hai – Chairman of the Sơn La Coffee Association.
In the Cooperative, Ms Hang Le – CEO of IWCA Vietnam and our guests shared the information about the origin, current development, and the future of Son La coffee with. Ms. Sahra Nguyen envisioned Nguyen Coffee Supply as an active supporter for coffee farmers in Vietnam with the mission to introduce Vietnamese coffee and Vietnam coffee culture to the world market.
IWCA Vietnam has been striving to become a crucial link in the supply chain, connecting farmers, cooperatives, processing factories, exporters, and consumers worldwide. The purpose of this visit was to help Sarah Nguyen understand more about the source of the coffee beans, the operational model of processing facilities with the example of Dao Chieng Ban cooperative, and the lives of the women in the IWCA Vietnam network.
During the business trip, IWCA Vietnam and Ms. Sahra Nguyen has successfully:
- Observed and understood the processing coffee facilities as well as new coffee varieties there.
- Conducted a cupping sessions and evaluated the quality of four Arabica specialty coffee from Son La.
- Visited esteemed members of the IWCA Vietnam network.