WHAT IWCA VIETNAM DOES TO SUPPORT WOMEN COFFEE FARMERS
With a mission to improve the livelihoods of women farmers in all areas of Vietnam’s coffee industry, IWCA Vietnam has taken many practical and urgent activities to help them develop stably.
IWCA VIETNAM’s ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT COFFEE FRIENDS
In the coffee industry, women make up 70% of the workforce. But only 25% of coffee farms are owned by women. From that, it can be seen that in today’s modern society, gender inequality still exists. In life, in agriculture and in the coffee industry. Women have been and are not realizing their true potential and strength in work and in the community.
Therefore, IWCA Vietnam was born to help improve economic power; equal rights and voice for female coffee farmers. IWCA Vietnam fulfills that mission through specific activities:
- Support and help coffee farmers to access new knowledge and farming technology
- Creating new livelihoods to help female farmers improve their income
- Promote communication to raise awareness about gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Training and training in farming skills, supporting farmers to increase productivity and income
- Training and improving soft skills for female coffee farmers to improve life, work safety and awareness of their role in society.
- Connect, organize sales campaigns to raise funds, profits are used to organize activities to help female coffee farmers
WHAT COFFEE FRIENDS SAY ABOUT IWCA VIETNAM
“Thanks to the Vietnam Women’s Coffee Alliance, people in the village have more motivation, more hope, more faith. Every time the Alliance has an activity, people are very excited. Thank you so much Alliance!”
Let’s meet with Ms. Quang Thi Dan – an active member of IWCA Vietnam to better understand the positive influence as well as the significant changes that IWCA Vietnam is making in the Northwest highlands!
“Since joining the program, it has brought me a lot of things. You can raise your voice. She has a community that listens to her stories. Although the arable land area for her coffee trees has not changed. But her family’s coffee yield has changed markedly. 2020 is the year that since she was a child, she has been able to sell coffee at such a high price. That is thanks in no small part to the training program on farming skills, pruning branches, and taking care of coffee trees.
Having the economy in hand gives her confidence. I dare to dream, dare to think of things that I did not think of before. She also interacted with many people with similar circumstances. She found sympathy, a voice. All these things help me to be more optimistic and have more things to strive for.” Ms. Quang Thi Dan – an active member of IWCA Vietnam.
“My family has grown coffee for generations. But since joining IWCA Vietnam, I know how to optimize farming and picking. And reasonable intercropping of coffee trees to increase income. The alliance also regularly trains women in soft skills. Now I am confident in my finances, confident in making money to support my family.”
IWCA VIETNAM’S COMMITMENT TO ORGANIZATION’S ACTIVITIES
- Respect: We believe every woman has a unique and valid voice. Therefore, we respect every woman and her ideas equally.
- Abundance: We demonstrate and model generosity. From there, support programs to encourage equitable resource allocation around the world.
- Integrity: We understand that our ultimate reason is to serve women in the industry. Therefore, we make decisions with honesty, integrity, and in accordance with this goal.
- Collaboration: Because the community holds solutions to their own problems. IWCA Vietnam believes that the best way to impact the communities we serve is through collaboration and partnership.
- Make a Difference: We believe all women can make a difference while making a living.